14th Annual Homeland Defense/Security Education Summit (2021)
November 1, 2021 – November 3, 2021 PDT
The Naval Postgraduate School Center for Homeland Defense and Security is pleased to announce the 14th Annual Homeland Defense and Security Education Summit. This year, the summit will be held November 01-03 in a hybrid format. The majority of sessions will be delivered virtually as in 2020, while optional, in-person discussion periods will be scheduled at the Monterey Conference Center in Monterey, California.
The theme for the 14th Annual Summit:
Educating Future Homeland Security Leaders During an Era of Uncertainty: Turning Challenges into Opportunities.
Call for Proposals
The research presentation tracks focus on two broad areas:
- Homeland Security Two Decades After 9/11 – including balancing resources between domestic and external threats, public perceptions of security, technology influencers, and advancing homeland security theory.
- Evolving Homeland Security Landscape – including HS’s role public health, climate security, cybersecurity, and combatting information/disinformation, as well the future of HS/EM in a virtual/remote environment.
Additional sub-themes to complement the presentation tracks include:
- New/evolving domestic and foreign threats;
- Intelligence education and practice to meet current/projected threats;
- Infrastructure protection and risk management;
- Prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery in a multi-hazard environment;
- Emerging technologies shaping safety and security; and,
- Innovation in homeland security education delivery methodologies and content.
We invite all relevant research from related fields of study. Proposals must be submitted for consideration by August 15, 2021 and should include a 150-250 word abstract using the attached template and a CV or resume. Selectees must submit a complete draft of their presentation by October 15, 2021. Please submit proposals with a designated track preference and any questions to Steve Recca (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of the NPS CHDS University & Agency Partnership Program (UAPP).
Information on event logistics will be available later this summer.
Questions on the Summit?
All Summit-specific questions can be directed to Steve Recca (email@example.com), Director of the NPS CHDS University & Agency Partnership Program (UAPP).