The Big One: Your Survival Guide is a nine-episode podcast series released in early 2019. The Big One Podcast Team includes host, Jacob Margolis; producers, Arwen Champion Nicks and Misha Euceph; and editor, Megan Garvey. They work at 89.3 KPCC, Southern California Public Radio.
In their PrepTalk, the team shares why they developed “The Big One” and how storytelling can help compel people to take action and prepare for disasters.
- The Big One: Your Survival Guide Podcast
- What Makes Storytelling So Effective For Learning?
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- You Are the Help Until Help Arrives
- Dr. Sarah K. McBride’s Thesis: “The Canterbury tales: an insider’s lessons and reflections from the Canterbury Earthquake Sequence to inform better public communication models”
- Discussion Guide – Storytelling to Promote Action
- Facilitator Slides – Storytelling to Promote Action
PrepTalks are given by subject-matter experts and thoughts leaders to spread new ideas, spark conversation, and promote innovative leadership for the issues confronting emergency managers now and over the next 20 years. For more information and more talks, see https://www.fema.gov/preptalks