Dr. Yossi Sheffi’s PrepTalk, “Private Sector Resilience: It is All in the Supply Chain”, explains the modes of failure in supply chain networks, explores new ways to think about disruptions, and showcases a General Motors case study on the complexities of supply chain management.
“Prior relationships between all elements of public sector and all elements of private sector are crucial”, said Dr. Sheffi. “Collaboration and communication is key to effective resilience and effective response.” Dr. Sheffi is Elisha Gray II Professor of Engineering Systems and Director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Center for Transportation and Logistics (CTL).
- Supply Chain Resilience Guide
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Center for Transportation and Logistics
- MIT MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain Management
- Building Adaptable and Resilient Supply Chains after Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria
- Business Continuity Planning Suite
- Discussion Guide – Private Sector Supply Chains and Emergency Management (.pdf)
- Facilitator Slides – Private Sector Supply Chains and Emergency Management (.pptx)
PrepTalks are given by subject-matter experts and thoughts leaders to spread new ideas, spark conversation, and promote innovative leadership for the issues confronting emergency managers now and over the next 20 years. For more information and more talks, see https://www.fema.gov/preptalks