Special 9/11 20th anniversary edition of Watermark arrives
Marking the upcoming 20th anniversary of 9/11, the Summer 2021 edition of Watermark, the Center for Homeland Defense and Security’s alumni magazine, will be arriving in mailboxes soon. But you can read the online version now if you don’t want to wait. The magazine is a great way to stay abreast of what’s happening at CHDS, including the educational institution’s programs, faculty, alumni, and resources.
This special edition of Watermark includes a cover story that reflects on the horrific attacks on our nation on Sept. 11, 2001, from the perspective of two decades later, including remembrances from CHDS alumni, faculty, and staff of 9/11, as well as observations from 20 years since, and hope and advice for the future.
It’s considered a lead-in to our much-anticipated 9/11 20th anniversary commemoration publication, entitled “Never Forget: Center for Homeland Defense and Security Remembers 9/11 on the 20th Anniversary,” which will be made available later this summer and features stirring essays, poems, photos, and artwork contributed by CHDS alumni, faculty and staff.
Meanwhile, CHDS just received some welcome news when it was announced that the Winter 2020 edition of Watermark won the Content Marketing Institute award for “Association Publication.”
From CHDS Strategic Communications director Heather Issvoran: “In each issue of our alumni magazine, we strive to showcase CHDS programs with success stories, as well as tout our resources. The focus of each issue is the faces and stories of our incredible alumni. Watermark staff Will McCarty, David O’Keeffe, Russell Stearns, Cristian Ramirez, Jenna Hillhouse, and Jim Johnson deserve special recognition for making the semi-annual publication the high-quality magazine it is. And, CHDS faculty, students, alumni, and staff all deserve recognition for consistently providing us with the amazing stories we tell.
“Thanks for everything you all do every day to make CHDS successful.”
If you would like to be included in a future issue of Watermark, please send us your personal or career updates, story ideas, promotions, photos, and publications.
We at CHDS are always happy to hear from our alumni about what’s happening with them and their work in homeland security, public safety and emergency management.
Topics in this issue:
- Regional Alumni Chapters
- Q&A with Alumni Chapter Heads
- Ellen Gordon Retires After 15 Years
- “What’s For Dinner?” and Other Impossible Decisions
- Sara Kay Takes Over CHDS Executive Leaders Program
- CHDS Alumni Secure Groundbreaking Appointments
- Steve Sund on Capitol Riot
- CHDS Alums Lead FEMA/Peace Corps COVID-19 Vaccination Pact
- Integrated Response Teams for All-Hazard Events
- Major Golf Tourney Prompts CHDS Emergence Change Initiative
- DHS Program Taps RPA For CHDS Emergence Change Initiative
- CHDS Alumni Contribute to National Advisory Council Report
- ELP Alumnus Returns to Discuss National Security Threats
- ELP Grad Makes Diversity in Emergency Management His Mission
- Alumni Lead Using Unmanned Systems for 21st Century Challenges
- Cover story: Remembering 9/11
- Something Special
- CHDS Alumni Win Homeland Security Award
- Classroom of the Future
- Mis/Disinformation Highlights 2021 EEP Lecture and Webinar Series
- REP Deals with COVID-19, Looks to Future
- PELP Looks Ahead to First In-Person Session After COVID-19
- APEX 2020 Goes Virtual
- Pracamedic Affairs Delivers Inaugural Issue
- Read and Listen
- Class Notes
- Alumni Photo Album
- Welcome to the CHDS Family!
- Educational Resources
Watermark is the Alumni Magazine of the Center for Homeland Defense and Security at the Naval Postgraduate School.
Past issues are available here: https://www.chds.us/c/item/category/watermark