Account creation is a three-step process.
- Fill out and submit the form below;
- Retrieve the automated email sent to the address you enter, and use the link in that email to return to the CHDS website and set a password; and
- Login with your new credentials and proceed to complete the application or access request for the program(s) that interest you.
IMPORTANT. Your email address will serve as your website login name. We recommend you use an email address that shows an official homeland security affiliation, such as one that identifies an official agency, institution, or military domain. For access to the self-study program or the Homeland Security Digital Library, personal addresses (such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, comcast) are not permitted. Use of a personal email address may slow your request while we ask for additional information that verifies your eligibility. If you do not have an official email address but can have a supervisor from your organization verify your affiliation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*All fields are required.
AUTHORITY: THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 (AS AMENDED) (5 U.S.C. 552A) AND SECNAVINST 5211.5E APPLY. FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY – PRIVACY SENSITIVE: ANY MISUSE OR UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE MAY RESULT IN BOTH CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
PURPOSE(S): To establish user accounts for registration or program admissions; to participate in educational programs, courses, workshops or forums; to gain access to research repositories; to communicate with users regarding educational resources; and/or to maintain a record and report on program participation as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, National Preparedness Directorate, FEMA.
ROUTINE USE(S): Participant collaboration, authorized access to resources, reporting, and distribution of materials to participants, instructors and staff.
DISCLOSURE: Providing registration information is voluntary. Failure to provide requested information may result in your not being able to participate in educational programs.
The NPS Center for Homeland Defense and Security (CHDS) is responsible for the following websites. Account credentials are the same on all sites.
- Center for Homeland Defense and Security at http://www.chds.us
- Homeland Security Digital Library at http://www.hsdl.org
- University and Agency Partnership Initiative at http://www.uapi.us