ELP applications are now being accepted.
January 15 deadline for admittance to the spring cohort.
Successful applicants are notified in March for a May start.
June 15 deadline for admittance to the fall cohort.
Successful applicants are notified in August for a November start.
If you are a DHS employee, review these instructions before you start an application.
Previous applicants: CHDS changed the ELP application process in June 2019. If you finalized your application prior to the June 15, 2019 deadline, your application is under review and you can see the status here. If your application was incomplete, or if you want to re-apply, you will need to start a new application by clicking the blue button above. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for help.
1. The application will ask you some basic information about your:
- Current contact information
- Your organization/agency and your position in it
- Your resume
2. You will be asked to write short responses (<1000 characters) to the following:
- What do you contribute to homeland security, within your jurisdiction and region?
- Over the next five to ten years, what impacts do you expect to have within the homeland security enterprise?
- How have you enhanced collaboration among professional disciplines within the homeland security enterprise?
- What have you done to build relationships with diverse communities within your jurisdiction? Please provide examples.
- Why should you be selected for the NPS Executive Leaders Program?
- Describe two or three of your most recent significant homeland security-related projects. Briefly describe why those activities are significant to homeland security (<2000 characters).
3. If you are not the most senior person in your organization, you will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation from that person.
Read the complete program overview.