ELP applications are now being accepted.
January 15 deadline for admittance to the spring cohort.
Successful applicants are notified in March for a May start.
June 15 deadline for admittance to the fall cohort.
Successful applicants are notified in August for a November start.
If you are a DHS employee, review these instructions before you start an application.
Previous applicants: CHDS changed the ELP application process in June 2019. If your application was incomplete prior to the June 15, 2019, or if you want to re-apply, you will need to start a new application by clicking the blue button above. Contact email@example.com with questions or for help.
1. The application will ask you some basic information about your:
- Current contact information
- Your organization/agency and your position in it
- Your resume
2. You will be asked to write short responses (<1000 characters) to the following:
- What do you contribute to homeland security, within your jurisdiction and region?
- Over the next five to ten years, what impacts do you expect to have within the homeland security enterprise?
- How have you enhanced collaboration among professional disciplines within the homeland security enterprise?
- What have you done to build relationships with diverse communities within your jurisdiction? Please provide examples.
- Why should you be selected for the NPS Executive Leaders Program?
- Describe two or three of your most recent significant homeland security-related projects. Briefly describe why those activities are significant to homeland security (<2000 characters).
3. If you are not the most senior person in your organization, you will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation from that person.
Read the complete program overview.