Apply to the Executive Leaders Program (ELP)
ELP applications are now being accepted.
January 15 deadline for admittance to the spring cohort.
Successful applicants are notified in March for a May start.
June 15 deadline for admittance to the fall cohort.
Successful applicants are notified in August for a November start.
Please note before starting an application.
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Naval Postgraduate School adheres to federal, state and local guidelines. Only vaccinated individuals will be allowed in the classroom. Applicants should only apply to CHDS programs if they are able to comply with the vaccination requirement and attend the scheduled in-residence, classroom sessions in-person. Vaccinated students in-residence may be required to wear masks and social distance as guidelines and policy recommend. NPS policies are continually evaluated and may be subject to change. If you have questions, please contact CHDS at email@example.com.
- The application will ask you some basic information about your:
2. You will be asked to write short responses (<1000 characters) to the following:
- Current contact information
- Your organization/agency and your position in it
- Your resume
Describe your most recent significant homeland security-related policy challenge and how you were able to address it with a positive outcome. (<2000 characters).
Provide a one-page essay on what you envision as the greatest emerging homeland security challenge or problem for your jurisdiction.
If you are not the most senior person in your organization, you will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation from that person.
- What do you contribute to homeland security, within your jurisdiction and region?
- Over the next five to ten years, what impacts do you expect to have within the homeland security enterprise?
- How have you enhanced collaboration among professional disciplines within the homeland security enterprise, to include, building relationships with diverse communities?
Read the complete program overview.