Naval Postgraduate School , Monterey CA
Registrations open to CHDS Alumni
The Alumni Professional Exchange (APEX) Continuing Education Workshop provides alumni the opportunity to learn about and reflect on critical homeland security issues from different perspectives while visiting with classmates, expanding networks with professionals from other cohorts, and catching up with instructors.
Time to get your cohort back together, network with alumni from all CHDS programs, and explore with fellow alumni what is new in homeland security. We are excited that we will have several APEX events for CHDS alumni to engage in discussion, collaborate, and network.
APEX 2021 Virtual – February 16-18, 2021
- Military Lessons: Real-time Situational Intelligence for Election Administrators, Chad Houck
- An Uncertain Threat: Climate Migration to the United States, Katelin Wright
- Rescue Strike Team, an Alternative to Rescue Task Force, Eric Saylors
- Rethinking Law Enforcement Response to Mass Gatherings & Civil Unrest, Cynthia Renaud
- Hearing Muted Voices: Using Radical Subjectivity to Address Homeland Security Issues, Lier Chen
- No Crisis Left to Waste: Exploring Convergent Themes in Extremist Propaganda, John Gordon
- Warnings Unheeded, Again: What the Intelligence Lessons of 9/11 Tell Us about the Coronavirus Today, Erik Dahl
- COVID-19: Public Health, Privacy, and Law Enforcement, A Precarious Balancing Act, Christopher Whiting
- Wearables: Useful Sentinels of Our Health? Matthew Austin
- COVID-19 Effects and Russian Disinformation Campaigns, Wesley Moy & Kacper Gradon
- How Should The National Guard Be Employed for The Next National Disaster? Paul Jara
- Creating a Personal Brand Strategy, Heather Issvoran
Alumni Reunion Zoom Sessions
During the week of February 15, we will also be hosting alumni reunion Zoom sessions for ELP and Master’s Degree cohorts celebrating 5, 10, and 15-year reunions. We will reach out to each anniversary cohort to schedule your own reunion Zoom session.
APEX 2021 Monterey – June 22-24, 2021
To have a better chance of being able to meet in-person, we are planning for APEX in-person sessions in Monterey, June 22-24, 2021. If everything is open and it is safe, we will hold APEX in the NPS Barbara McNitt Ballroom and other venues with appropriate safety precautions as well as a Zoom broadcast for those who are unable to travel. We will recognize the 20th anniversary of 9/11 as well as critically reflect on the challenges and threats we have seen throughout 2020. Registration for CHDS alumni is open and will remain fluid through June.
Agenda and lodging options for June to follow in the spring.
Heather Issvoran – Director, Strategic Communications, Contract Support for CHDS
831-402-4672 | firstname.lastname@example.org