APEX 2020: February 18-20 in Monterey CA
The Alumni Professional Exchange (APEX) Continuing Education Workshop provides alumni the opportunity to learn about and reflect on critical homeland security issues from different perspectives while visiting with classmates, expanding networks with professionals from other cohorts, and catching up with instructors.
Time to get your cohort back together, network with alumni from all CHDS programs, and explore with fellow alumni what is new in homeland security.
WE HAVE ADDED ANOTHER APEX DAY!
In addition to our usual interesting speakers and panel discussions on Wednesday and Thursday, February 19 & 20, we will have short “TED Talk” style presentations from our alumni on Tuesday, February 18. If you are interested in giving a talk, please send a one paragraph outline of your topic to Heather Issvoran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each talk will be 20 minutes or less with additional time for Q&A and will focus on a novel idea, perspective or approach to an aspect of homeland security.
The CHDS Association will host its Meet & Greet Reception on Tuesday, Feb. 18 and the always fun Alumni Networking Reception on Wednesday, Feb. 19.
APEX 2020 sessions will include:
- Alumni “Short Talks” on New Ideas in Homeland Security
Days Two & Three
- Trends in Domestic Targeted Violence
- Canada’s Homeland Security Perspective
- How 5G will Change Homeland Security/Public Safety
- Emergency Management 2.0
- Public Health Risk Forecast
- Border Security – Perception vs. Reality
- Collaborative Security & Information Sharing
- And More …
Register for APEX 2020
Registration is open to alumni of CHDS’ Master’s, ELP, Emergence, PELP, REP, or FCLP programs.
You will be asked to sign-in and will then be immediately added to the attendee list (there are no additional forms to submit).
Director, Strategic Communications
Contract Support for CHDS
831-402-4672 | email@example.com
2020 Lodging and Logistics
CHDS Alumni blocks are being held at the following properties:
Navy Gateway Inn and Suites (Sold Out)
A block of rooms have been reserved for February 17-21, 2020.
- Standard Queen without Kitchenette ($124 per night)
- Standard Queen with Kitchenette ($134 per night) – available February 18-21 only.
- Executive King without Kitchenette ($140 per night) – available February 18-21 only.
The Navy Gateway Inn is sold out. You can be placed on a wait list by emailing Kyle Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org He will contact you when/if a room becomes available. It is recommended to make alternate lodging arrangements as availability is not guaranteed.
We are unable to extend reservations beyond February 21.
Hilton Garden Inn
A group block is available at the Hilton Garden Inn for $161 per night for Feb 17-21, 2020; please refer to the “APEX 2020” when making your reservation using the hotels direct telephone line at 831-373-6141, option #1
Or, use this link if you prefer to make your reservation through the Hilton Website: https://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/M/MRYMHGI-PEX-20200218/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
The room block will expire on January 20, 2020. Reservations must be made prior to that date.
Monterey Tides Hotel (Sold Out)
APEX 2019 topics included:
- FEMA Update
- China and North Korean Influence on Global Security
- Current Trends in Biometrics for Homeland Security
- Domestic Terrorist Threats – Hate Groups 2.0
- New Wicked Issues and Security Challenges for Homeland Security Leaders
- Emerging Nano-Technology- How it can be Used for Good and Evil
- Immigration- Current Issues